Monday, June 11, 2012

Even SuperMoms need help too!

Good Morning Dolls!

Today, I write to ask you for help!! Please!



As most of you know, I have three kids. My son, 3, is the baby. My baby. My problem is that he insists on sleeping in the bed with me. Now, I don't really mind. He's my baby. I love snuggin' up to him. Dad, on the other hand would like to have "his" bed back. I suppose I can concur with that. It would be nice to not get kicked and climbed over in the middle of the night. And I know it's entirely my fault that he is in our bed in the first place. It started about a year ago, maybe. Give or take a few, uh, months... maybe? Either way. That's not really important. He was really sick once and so he refused to sleep at all unless he was with me, and since mama needs to sleep, I would just put him in bed with me. Thinking, only while he's ill, once he's feeling better, it's back to his bed. At least, that's what I kept telling myself. Then weeks went by. Then months. And here we are, still sharing a bed with our son. I try to put him in his bed after he gets up. But he just wakes up again and comes right back to our room. I can't seem to get him to sleep in HIS bed ALL night. And even though I'm a pro at being a mom, this is uncharted territory for me. Anyone with ideas or suggestions to get him back in his bed AND keep him there? Anyone? Anyone at all? 

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you can offer some tips for me!

Don't forget to subscribe and follow me on the Twitter. (Yes, I just said "the Twitter")

iamshellfish <--- Click that. Do it. Now!

2 comments:

  1. I just posted last week on the trials and tribulations of co-sleeping. All I can say is consistency and bribing. My son had a chart that every time he woke up in his own bed in the morning, he got to fill in a square and then buy the game he wanted when the chart was full. It worked. Every kid is different. So good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's not a bad idea! I might actually have stuff around the house that I could use to make a chart for him.

      Delete