Saturday, May 5, 2012

Busy Bee

  So I took the kids to the Kids Workshop at Home Depot this morning. They love it, they always have such a great time! They love being able to build stuff! This month they made planters and gave each of the kids a veggie plant to accompany it. 

Brooke and Myles

Myles

Brooke



But of course my darling little ones wanted flowers instead so we ended up buying a few cheap ones. Then, after getting home we realize the plants we have are too big for the planters that they made, so instead we (and by "we" I mean "I") planted them along side the sunflowers. And it looks great! I'm so proud of myself! I have never been one for gardening but it seems the older I get the more I want to do it. But I just suck so badly at it even though I try so damn hard! Stupid Black Thumb!


The Garden

Also, while at Home Depot, I bought a very pretty pink Orchid for inside the house. I've always wanted one but they are expensive and since I have a bad habit of killing everything I had never bought one. But today is different. I talked with one of the store associates in the garden department and he assured me that they are simple and easy to take care. So I have the beautiful and expensive Orchid sitting as the center piece to our kitchen table.


My Orchid




So here's to a fun filled Saturday morning! 
I hope yours has been as great as ours!
And here's to hoping the plants don't die!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment